Adding realistic details to your Bengal tiger painting can turn an average painting into an extraordinary one! Here are some tips to help you bring your painting to life:
1. Use reference photos: A good reference photo is essential for painting any animal, but especially tigers, since they are so intricately patterned. Make sure to choose a photo that has good lighting and clearly shows the tiger's markings.
2. Paint the eyes first: The eyes are the most important part of the painting, so make sure to get them right. Start by painting the irises a bright yellow, then add the pupils and white highlights.
3. Add the stripes: Tigers have very distinct stripes, so it's important to paint them accurately. Start with the darkest stripes and then work your way up to the lighter ones. Use a thin brush for this part so that the stripes are nice and sharp.
4. Paint the fur: Use a dry brush technique to paint the fur. Start with a light color and then add darker colors in the shadows. Work in small sections so that the paint doesn't dry before you have a chance to blend it.
5. Add the finishing touches: Finally, add some finishing touches like whiskers, highlights, and shadows. These will really make your painting pop and look realistic.