A peacock's feather is one of the most beautiful and intricate things in nature. They are also very delicate and can be easily damaged. If you are careful, you can paint a peacock feather and preserve its beauty. Here is a step by step guide on how to paint a peacock feather:
1. Choose your paint. Acrylics work well for this project.
2. Protect your work surface. Place a sheet of wax paper or a plastic tablecloth down before you begin.
3. Dip your brush in the paint. Start with a light color and add more paint if you need a darker shade.
4. Paint the feather. Start at the bottom of the feather and work your way up. Use long, smooth strokes.
5. Let the paint dry. This may take several hours.
6. Hang your feather. Find a place to display your feather where it will not be disturbed. A frame or a shadow box would work well.