1. Begin by sketching out your pelican and fish in the ocean scene. Use light pencil strokes to help you plan the composition of your painting.
2. Once you're happy with your sketch, begin painting the sky. A blue or light blue sky will help set the scene.
3. Next, add in the ocean. Start with a light blue or green color and then add in darker shades to create depth.
4. Paint the pelican next. Start with the body and then add in the wings.
5. Finally, add in the fish. Use a variety of colors to make your painting pop.
6. Allow your painting to dry completely before framing or displaying it.